[Yum] Too many download restarts

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 00:29:50 UTC 2005

Hi everybody,

I'm having a lot of trouble because yum restarts the downloads too
many times. It's not nice when I'm behind a 56k connection and I have
to wait several minutes to download a certain file and it just
restarts. Sometimes it happens when there are less than 10kb left, and
it can happen even more than 10 times for the same file.

I've never seen a download restart from any mirror when I download
them manually, so I think it's a yum issue. Besides, even if the
connection was lost I think the download should start where it left.

Ii tried running with -d 10 and -e 10 but nothing is displayed when
the restart occurs.

It seems I'm not the only one having this issue (downloads restarted),
it's just that most people are behind a faster connection so they
don't care that much.

Any ideas?

--
Felipe Contreras