[Yum] Yum stops with FUTEX_WAIT?

Michael Heiming michael at heiming.de
Tue Jan 4 22:42:30 UTC 2005

Lawrence, Steve wrote:
> I can confirm that this happens if you pull the latest rpm's from RHN
> (create your own repository) and then update your RHES3.0 using those
> rpm's.
>
> A reboot fixed it for me (part of the reboot process being to delete
> /var/lib/rpm/__db* )

Hi Steve!

Problem solved, see my reply to seth who kindly pointed me to bugtraq,
no reboot until now, but soon and I'll carefully check the outcome. The
strange thing about those misterious deleting of __db* files, those are
fresh in place after --rebuilddb, but rpm works again as designed.

Probably have to read up the rpm sources to get more info what those
__db* files really are about.

Regards

Michael