[Yum] Upgrading from FC2 to FC3 broke yum!

Bob Kashani bobk at ocf.berkeley.edu
Sun Jan 2 22:39:04 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 10:56 +0000, Eric Carlson wrote:

> >Then I modified /etc/yum.conf and /etc/yum.repos.d/* as needed.
>
> Huh? Maybe thats it, I never touch those. Here they are just in case,
> thanks...
>
> Here is my /etc/yum.conf:
> [main]
> cachedir=/var/cache/yum
> debuglevel=2
> logfile=/var/log/yum.log
> pkgpolicy=newest
> distroverpkg=fedora-release
> tolerant=1
> exactarch=1

|---add this--->

retries=20
obsoletes=1

<---section to be added---|

|---remove this section--->

> [core]
> name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - core
> baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/core
> gpgcheck=1
>
> [updates]
> name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - updates
> baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/updates
> gpgcheck=1
>
> [freshrpms]
> name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - freshrpms
> baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms
> gpgcheck=1
>
> #[tupdates]
> #name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - testing updates
> #baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/tupdates

<---section to be removed---|

> Here is my /etc/yum.repos.d/yum.conf:

Everything in /etc/yum.repos.d/ must end with a .repo (i.e.
freshrpms.repo) not yum.conf. Rename the file to freshrpms.repo or
whatever you want (as long as it ends with .repo)

|---remove this section--->

> [main]
> cachedir=/var/cache/yum
> debuglevel=2
> logfile=/var/log/yum.log
> pkgpolicy=newest
> distroverpkg=fedora-release
> tolerant=1
> exactarch=1

<---section to be removed---|

> [core]
> name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - core
> baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/core
> gpgcheck=1
>
> [updates]
> name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - updates
> baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/updates
> gpgcheck=1
>
> [freshrpms]
> name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - freshrpms
> baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms
> gpgcheck=1
>
> #[tupdates]
> #name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - testing updates
> #baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/tupdates

You should also remove or disable whatever repos in /etc/yum.repos.d/
that you don't want. You can disable a repo be adding/changing
'enabled' (i.e. enabled=0) will disable a repo.

You might also try deleting the yum cache dir:

rm -rf /var/cache/yum/*

Your best bet would be to just remove openoffice.org and reinstalled it
with yum.

rpm -qa | grep openoffice.org
rpm -e --nodeps 'list of packages that the above cmd returns'

Bob

--
Bob Kashani
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~bobk/garnome