[Yum] --installroot error

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Feb 24 00:25:45 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 12:45 -0800, Bob Kashani wrote:
>Okay, I got everything to work now with yum-2.2.0. :)
>
>Attached is my script to install (FC3) "Base" into an empty dir via
>yum-2.2.0. It's pretty straight forward and simple but I figured it
>might save someone some time.
>
>Thanks again, Seth for helping me figure this out.

cool, thanks:
comments on your script:

1. edit your conf file so it doesn't have any $releasever in it and you
won't need to install fedora-release first.

2. use the gpgkey= option for repositories and yum will import gpg keys
into the rpmdb for you.

3. if you want to avoid problems with scripts/triggers on install you
can add:
 tsflags=noscripts notriggers
 to your [main] in your yum.conf - it will keep %scripts and triggers
from your rpms from running.

4. you shouldn't _HAVE_ to make /dev/null - you can even bind
mount /dev/ in if you need to.

5. don't forget the mount for /selinux

6. if you're doing this on x86_64 for x86 you can run 'setarch i686'
first to make it believe it is an i686 system.

later,