[Yum] Any way to force an "authoritative" repository?

Alan Hagge ahagge at wbfa.com
Tue Feb 22 15:24:20 UTC 2005

Hopefully the issue with this should be obvious...I don't want to have
to modify (or have my less-familiar co-workers modify) and push to 100+
clients a modified config file every time we override a package provided
by a repo with one of our own.  Also, if we add a new repo, we don't
want to have to comb through what it provides to check whether it's
providing the same things that our "custom" repo is providing in order
to tweak include/exclude settings.  I just want to be able to say "if
this repository provides a package, its version overrides all others,
including newer versions".

Any other options?