[Yum] repository wildcards

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Feb 19 18:26:52 UTC 2005

>I am thinking of other clients that might want more flexibility
>or another option --enablerepo-re=<regex>
just letting you know, now - I won't merge a patch that add that's
option in. repoglobbing is a edge-case as it is - regex matching on repo
name is downright obscure.

>(first on my wishlist is to replace fnmatch with a translator that
>will expand braces:
>  fedora-3-{stable,testing}
>)

>> Two general questions/considerations:
>> 1) Is there a reason for letting findRepos return a generator instead
>> of a tuple or list?
>
>Since we are targeting 2.2+, there is no reason to not return a generator (IMO).
>Someone who wants a list can say list(findRepos(pat))

why add complexity to the code just to return a generator? What's the
perk, here?

>Yes, but I didn't notice any particularly obvious way to do that.
>If there were a logging object floating around, I would say
>   log.warn("wildcard pattern did not match any repository %s",pat)
>but I didn't notice any other code in repos.py doing that.

repos can't have a log object b/c there isn't necessarily one around yet
when repos are parsed but it can raise exceptions that are dealt with.

and as gijs said - yum-devel would be a better place for this one.