[Yum] Feature Request - Repo Grouping

superbnerd superbnerd at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 23:17:52 UTC 2005

I am not sure if this is already been suggested, but it would be veryconvenient and seemingly easy to include a repo grouping feature. Thereason this is needed is because there are several repos for fedora,but not all of them are compatible with each other. There are severalalliances like fedora.us/livna and dag/dries/freshrpms/atrpms/newrpms(the new RF alliance http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#Z1 andhttp://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/mega-merge.php) and extra/officialupdates.
The feature should have a similar syntax to yum --enablerepo="xxxx". Itshould be something like yum --enablerepogroup="RF", and the usershould be able to define the name of each repo group and pick whichrepos belong to which repo in the same way they enable a repo with the"enabled=1" option when configuring repos. Instead of "enabled=1" thereshould be a repogroup="XXXX" option.

This would greatly mitigate the repo allaince conflicts that exist for fedora (and I image other distros).

http://mail.yahoo.com