[Yum] Can't yum no more!

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Feb 2 14:10:21 UTC 2005

> Are you saying I just need to do what I said but use the FC2
> equivalent of fedora-release-3-8.i386.rpm? Any other gotchas?

sure - going from fc1 to fc3, while not impossible, is not trivial,
either. Some interesting conflicts due to the kernel 2.4 to kernel 2.6
migration.

> I'll try anaconda before the reload just to see what happens...

anaconda is the easiest way to do this.
If you're using anaconda you can just go fc1->fc3. Mainly b/c since
anaconda runs outside of the booted system it can do whatever it wants
w/o any fear of damaging a running system.