[Yum] Re: yum for automatic deployment

Dick dm at chello.nl
Thu Dec 22 21:29:44 UTC 2005

seth vidal <skvidal <at> linux.duke.edu> writes:
> I must have missed that question.
>
> Checking the package cache how?

I'll try to explain it as a scenario:

1 place freshrpm-0.rpm in /path/to/repos
2 createrepo /path/to/repos
3 yum install freshrpm-0.rpm
4 yum fails because the RPM signature was missing
5 rpm --resign /path/to/repos/freshrpm-0.rpm
6 createrepo /path/to/repos
7 yum install freshrpm-0.rpm

failure:
8 yum fails again because the "old" rpm is in the yum package cache

expected behavior:
8 yum checks the yum package cache against the repository, freshrpm-0.rpm
checksum has been changed, yum downloads the updated version of freshrpm-0.rpm
9 yum installs freshrpm-0 correctly

yum clean isn't an option (I guess), our data connection is very limited...

thanks in advance,
Dick