[Yum] yum for automatic deployment

Dick dm at chello.nl
Wed Dec 21 09:12:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm currently trying to configure yum for automatic deployment. I'm considering
using "yum shell" for running the following script:

yum shell > logfile << @EOF
config assumeyes 0
update
install *
list extras
list available
remove configpatch*
@EOF

but the install * doesn't seem to work. But "yum -y install '*'" does seems to
work, what am I doing wrong?

We are using the GPG verification mechanism from yum, but when yum has
downloaded a RPM without / with a wrong signature it doesn't re-check the
repository to download an updated RPM with a good signature. This can be fixed
by running yum clean but I think it would be better to let yum detect if the RPM
has changed.

Thanks in advance,
Dick