[Yum] Anybody fixed '[Errno -1] Header is not complete' issue?

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Tue Dec 13 17:30:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 05:43:03AM -0800, Stefan Kopetnik wrote:
> I'm trying to use yum on FC4 linux. For ftp and http I
> need to use the proxy. I don't have access to this
> proxy. Maintaining of local repositories is not the
> option for me.
>
> I understand that it's no way to get rid of  '[Errno
> -1] Header is not complete' errors.
>
> Maybe is there any way to do some small pythyon patch
> or another workaround.
>
> Unfortunatelly for me this issue , makes me think to
> drop yum based fedora and install debian instead.

Other people have addressed this pretty well, but let me say this:
there is no simple workaround.  Yum uses byte ranges in a pretty
fundamental way.  Any "workaround" would either have to change the
repository format or download all of every file and then extract the
range locally.

If the problem is what we think it is, then ftp should work fine.  If
it's not working for you, then please make that explicit.  Finally, if
you decide you can't use yum, you can still use Fedora with up2date or
apt-rpm.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department and Optical Sciences Center                520-626-1619
  University of Arizona                                         ECE 524G