[Yum] no module named yum

Jan Waszink j.waszink at law.uu.nl
Sat Dec 10 22:24:14 UTC 2005

Hi there

I have problem installing yum 2.2, 2.3 or 2.4 under Fedora Core 2.
Installation seems to proceed well, both from the tar.gz package and
from the src.rps. However, when I try to start yum I keep getting the
error message No module named yum from Python, whatever way of
installing I try. I have followed the advice to use the src.rpm, but
this makes no difference. It happens with yum-2.2.2-1, 2.3.2-1, 2.4.0-1,
2.4.1-1 Apparently  a file named yummodule.so is missing from
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/. I have also tried Python 2.4, without
effect.
What can I do to get it there? Is it possible simply to transplant
yummodule.so from another machine, and if so, where can I find a copy?
Thanks for all help,

Jan