[Yum] yum err on libxml2mod.so

Randolph Jones jonesrf1 at qwest.net
Sat Dec 10 13:15:16 UTC 2005

I am trying to update gnome on fc4
I get a yum error message has wrong version of python module
below is the command and err message; below that is list of current modules
yum 2.4.1 is in tmp; I downloaded and make = make install as root, then
yum update
I see this problem elsewhere but no solution
Any help would be greatly appreciated
TIA
rfjones

[yum-2.4.1]# yum update
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/libxml2mod.so: undefined symbol:
xmlDictCleanup

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.4.1 (#1, May 16 2005, 15:19:29)
[GCC 4.0.0 20050512 (Red Hat 4.0.0-5)]

gnome-python2-bonobo-2.10.0-1