[Yum] YUM barfs after updating mysql to 4.1

mike nicholaides mike.nicholaides at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 16:33:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

I just updated my mysql package from 3.23 to 4.1 and it seemed to go
off without a hitch (there were only a few warnings).

But, now, when I try to run YUM again I get this:

/usr/bin/python: relocation error: /usr/lib/libpython2.4.so.1.0:
symbol __vsnprintf_chk, version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file
libc.so.6 with link time reference

And when I try to use mysql, I get this:

mysql: relocation error: /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.14: symbol
__memmove_chk, version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file libc.so.6 with
link time reference

>From after googling it, it seems that I need to updade GLIBC_2.3.4.
Is this right?  And if so, how should I go about doing that?

Thanks,
Mike

--
http://ablegray.com