[Yum] database parsing class?

Marcos Dione mdione at grulic.org.ar
Sun Dec 4 19:35:53 UTC 2005

    hi all. first things first, I'm not subscribed to the list, so please take
care your answer is also sento to me directly.

    I'm developing a little mirroring utility with consistency in mind: the
databases should be consistent to the packages in the mirror, and not blindly
mirror the upstream server.

    anyways, it's developed in python, and now only supports apt-style repos,
but my next move is to support yum-based repos.

    I downloaded yum source code, but it notably lacks of documentation. I'm
looking for the class that, given the database files, shows it to me in a OO
way, preferably as a list of objects that represent a package. I found mdparser
and mdcache, but I'm not sure if any of those is what I'm looking for.

    so, can you gimme a hand here? I will really appreciate.

--
(Not so) Random fortune:
Education is what you get when you read the fine print; experience is what you