[Yum] yum and nosrc

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Dec 3 08:40:42 UTC 2005

> While yum can't install the nosrc dependency, it would be nice if it could
> identify the required package. For tomcat5, 3 of the 4 nosrc requirements
> match the package name on the JPackage site. But one (j2sdk) has no
> matching package name. I'm guessing that j2sdkee is the package required.
> It would be nice if yum could inspect a list of nosrc packages to find the
> ones needed to satisfy the requirements. Sort of a "nosrc repo" that
> contains only metadata and no actual packages.

I work with nosrc packages extremely seldom so I'm not sure what they
export, really. If you put a bunch of nosrc packages in a repo can you
even see them? Can we know what they'll end up exporting out once built?
I don't think we can so  matching them up for resolving a dep would be
difficult if it is possible at all.