[Yum] Re: Yum update fails

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 04:14:41 UTC 2005

On 12/2/05, Quinn Eliot Minor <qminor at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to disable the atrpms repo, but when I try this, I get a
> dependency problem when trying to update. How can I set it up to get these
> dependencies from another repo?

That's probably not possible.  If you post the string of unsatisified
dependencies we are more likely to be able to help you, but really
this is a distribution/repository specific problem and not something
that yum (or the yum support mailing lists) should be able to
magically fix.

I recommend that you just wait for the atrpms repo to come back online
and get itself sorted out, or that you remove whatever packages have
depencies that are only satisfied by atrpms and find alternative
packages from other repositories.  Dag's repository is a notable one
that has similar packages and tends to be managed better (just my
observation of other's experiences, not based upon any solid facts).

Regards,
Greg