[Yum] Yum update fails

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 12:22:40 UTC 2005

On 12/1/05, Quinn Eliot Minor <qminor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  When I try to do a yum update, I get the following error:
>
>  Error: failure: RPMS/gpgme-1.1.0-16.rhfc4.at.i386.rpm from atrpms-stable:
> [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>
>  I tried disabling the atrpms repository by removing atrpms.repo from the
> yum.repos.d directory, but this just resulted in a bunch of missing
> dependencies.
>
>  What can I do to fix this? Please help!!!

This is a repository issue, not a yum issue. removing the repo file
has caused dependency errors for other packages on your system. atrpms
is a bit aggressive as far as what it installs/updates/replaces on a
stock system. Basically you can email the repo maintainer and
complain, or wait a bit and try again. For what it's worth, this is
one of the reasons why I do not use/recommend the atrpms repository.

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT