[Yum] Yum Version

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Wed Aug 31 05:29:28 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 31 August 2005 12:08, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 11:46 +0800, Jeff Pitman wrote:
> > On Wednesday 31 August 2005 08:47, John Fox wrote:
> > > What yum version would be suitable for Centos 3?
> >
> > I just built 2.3.4 for CentOS 3.5:
>
> Does yum >= 2.1 support old-style yum-arch repos?

No. And neither should repos.  If they only support the old-style
because of legacy reasons, then those maintaining such repos should be
encouraged to generate xml-md.  This would be something that more
active CentOS community members would have to engage in. I'm not sure
of many yum-enabled CentOS 3.5 repos out there.

--
-jeff