[Yum] Broken YUM - libssl.so.5 Problem

white_wind at Safe-mail.net white_wind at Safe-mail.net
Sat Aug 27 18:12:37 UTC 2005

This is a Private & Confidential Communication.

   Hi All,

   I appear to have corrected my problem with YUM,
and alot of other problems since an automatic update
to my Fedora Core 4 system.

   I used rpm -Uvv --nodeps to update the following:

       glibc-2.3.90-10.i386.rpm
       glibc-common-2.3.90-10.i386.rpm
       openssl-0.9.7f-9.i386.rpm

   The following programs started working after this
upgrade to glibc, glibc-common, and openssl was made:

       YUM
       Yumex
       Networkservices
       GIMP
       up2date

   Plus the boot process went faster, and smoother.

   Hope this helps anyone having strange problems.

   -- Mel --