[Yum] Broken YUM - libssl.so.5 Problem

white_wind at Safe-mail.net white_wind at Safe-mail.net
Fri Aug 26 18:00:19 UTC 2005

This is a Private & Confidential Communication.

   Hi Folks,

   All of a sudden after a YUM Update...lots of stuff is
broken....YUM...YUMEX...Up2Date !!!

   I have re-installed yum-2.4.0-1, and python-2.4.1-2
....and am still completely broken regarding updating.

   Any suggestions would be appreciated...I'm running
Fedora Core 4 ( kernel-2.6.12-1.1398_FC4 ).

   Error Message is below.

   libssl.so.5 is installed.

   -- Mel --

-------ERROR MESSAGE-----
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   /lib/libssl.so.5: undefined symbol: asn1_add_error

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.4.1 (#1, May 16 2005, 15:19:29)
[GCC 4.0.0 20050512 (Red Hat 4.0.0-5)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please send this
message to <yum at lists.linux.duke.edu>.
-------END ERROR MESSAGE----------