[Yum] Problem: No Module named yum

Ken kenneth.reddix at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 17 23:55:29 UTC 2005

Support,

I have encountered a problem when trying to install yum on my FC4 upgraded
system.

The system was running RH9 and I upgraded to FC4.  When I attempted to run
yum it said that it did not exist. I in turn d/l yum and attempted to
install the rpm. It said that it had found a version of yum already there.
After that I used the tar and installed it that way. After installation I
received this error.

There was a problem importing one of the Python modules

required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   No module named yum

Please install a package which provides this module, or

verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the

current version of Python, which is:

2.4.1 (#1, May 16 2005, 15:19:29)

[GCC 4.0.0 20050512 (Red Hat 4.0.0-5)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please send this

message to <yum at lists.linux.duke.edu>.

Following that error I installed the newest version of Python and still got
the error message.

Please help.

Ken Reddix