[Yum] yumgroups.xml and general yum questions

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 03:21:44 UTC 2005

On 8/9/05, Marc Riddle <marcriddle at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a yumgroups.xml file that contains several groups, one of which
> is a group called 'baseline'. The goal of this group is for it to
> contain a list of all packages that I need a specific version of
> installed. For example, the current (testing) config looks something
> like this:

So, you want to keep stuff at a specific version.

Sounds like "pinning" and has been discussed a bunch in the past:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang_ca%7Clang_nl%7Clang_en%7Clang_es&safe=off&q=site%3Alists.dulug.duke.edu+yum+pinning&btnG=Search&lr=lang_ca%7Clang_nl%7Clang_en%7Clang_es

I believe it's now available via a plugin, but I don't venture into
plugins because the core package supports all of my needs.

Greg