[Yum] Manual format mistake

Gijs Hollestelle g.hollestelle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 08:29:34 UTC 2005

On 4/22/05, Göran Uddeborg <goeran at uddeborg.se> wrote:
> (I'm not a list member, so if you want me to se any answer, you need
> to add me explicitly on an address line.)
>
> The manual page for yum (2.3.1) has this sequence:
>
>     repositories. By default it will list only the most recent packages. If the
>     'updates' argument is given then it will list updates available for that
>     system.
>
> However, an apostrophe on the first position on a line starts a
> command sequence in nroff, just like a full stop.  Since "updates"
> isn't a command, the result is that the line is ignored, and the
> formatted pages comes out as:
>
>               ages in the enabled repositories. By default it will  list  only
>               the most recent packages. If the system.
Hi Göran,

Thank you for reporting this, the passage you list is under the
generate-rss option, which is no longer present in the yum 2.3 series.
There is an updated manual page in the CVS version which removes this
section of the manual (and therefore also the formatting error).

I have fixed the layout issue in the 2_2_X branch so when there is a
maintenace release in the 2.2 series it will also be fixed.

Greets,
  Gijs