[Yum] Caching yum data for multiple machines.

Fred fredn1 at gmx.de
Wed Apr 20 06:18:14 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 05:12, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 12:48:19PM +0100, Adam Lelean (bean) wrote:
> > I am reluctant to mirror the repositories, since only a small
> > number of rpm's are required from each repository, and I don't
> > want to hold extra data unnecessarily.
>
> Why not just mirror the ones you want?

I think Adam means just a few *packages* from several repos.

In that case I'd suggest one having one machine on which all
packages used on *any* of the Machines are installed.

If this machine is then updated from the original repos, it will
get all required updates. Build local repos from it's yum cache,
and update all other machines from the local repos.

I use a script for this which I've posted previously - see

	"Re: [Yum] how to update custom repo"
	Date:  2005-03-16 07:17

Fred.