[Yum] Getting Started

Scott W Roberts scottr at tiphook.com
Tue Apr 12 19:23:10 UTC 2005

Hi my name is Scott and I am relatively new to Linux in general.  I am running
2 RH-9 Shrike machines (1 remote web server 1 work station) and 1 FC-3
machine (ws).  I am too new and not very Linux savy to bother you guys with
all my questions but what I am looking for is documentation on getting
started with yum how to check to find which repositories etc I am looking for
and in general how to keep my machines updated.  I was weaned on MS- dos..
win30 ... to present xp ,and for this I appologize.  I need to learn most
everything but need to find the resources to do this.  Can you guys help? Any
and all links or feedback will be sincerely appreciated.
-swr