[Yum] bug? yum --installroot tries to open rpm database in 'realroot'

Nikola Ciprich extmaillist at linuxbox.cz
Thu Apr 7 13:54:19 UTC 2005

Hello, I think I've found a bug:
I'd like to use yum in install CD, but I don't have rpm database in
ramdisk, as I don't need it. Just functional python, rpm, rpm-python &
yum (plus few other things).
I'm using yum --installroot=... ... to install system, and all works
just fine, except yum prints some error messages about missing files
at /var/lib/rpm/... at end. It is not causing some serious trouble, it's
just cosmetic bug - I think yum should not try to open 'real' rpm
databases, if it is working with installroot parameter.
I could try to create patch, if needed (and if it's really bug and not
some my failure ;)
bye & thanks for great software
Nik