[Yum] Dependencies on Removing Packages

Jean Francois Martinez jfm512 at free.fr
Sun Apr 3 19:04:08 UTC 2005

There is also the issue of non-packaged software.  We can consider this
is bad practice but many people don't have the patience to build proper
RPMS and use the infamous ./configure; make; make install.  There is
also the problem of in-house software and ad-hoc admin scripts.

If you allow the recursive deletion of packages you will have LOTS of
very unhappy people when at the 10 th depth level of recursion the
uninstaller removes something needed by an important but non-RPMized
application.

--
Jean Francois Martinez <jfm512 at free.fr>