[Yum] yum made a mess last night

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Sep 30 01:44:40 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 11:19, Gene Heskett wrote:

[... long rant]

I repeat, Why does yum ignore this?  Is there something wrong with
this line in my yum.conf?:
exclude=kernel* kde* xorg*

>It sure would be nice if there were an advanced announcement made so
>we could head off these potential disasters.

Addendum:  Its taken about 12 hours to clean up the mess enough to get
x to run again and its not right yet.  As campers go, color me
unhappy.  The whole of xfs got deleted for starters, its gone without
a trace so I now have about 25 lines of FontPath "path to font" in my
xorg.conf.

The automatic yum -y update is also gone, forever.  This is the third
time its put me thru hell to restore my playtoy.  Screw it.  I'll run
it, but it will be under MY control when next I use it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)