[Yum] yum made a mess last night

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at linux.duke.edu
Wed Sep 29 17:13:58 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 11:19 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I already have xorg-6.8.1 installed.  Which means I'd better do
> another make install of 6.8.1, and put an additional xorg* in the
> exclude line.

If you did "make install" then yum or rpm have no way of knowing about
it. As far as your packaging system is concerned, your xorg is still
version 6.7, which is why it will try updating it.

Any stuff you build from source will be ignored by RPM, since it has no
knowledge of it.

Regards,
--
Konstantin ("Icon") Ryabitsev