[Yum] yum on RHEL 3

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Sat Sep 25 23:41:50 UTC 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 01:17:11AM +0200, Jos Vos wrote:
> Matt was talking about RHEL

1) He only said that in the subject (don't do that)

b) I'm tired and my brain is only half working today.  Sorry :)

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 05:23:34PM -0500, Matt Lawrence wrote:
> >You are currently using yum, I take it.  If so, you don't really need
> >to mirror the Red Hat stuff locally.  You can use their yum repos AND
> >add your own local repo.  Just build the repo using yum-arch and add
> >it to your yum.conf files on the machines.  If you want to mirror it
> >locally, though, you certainly can.  Most folks use rsync to keep
> >their mirror up to date.
>
> RedHat has yum repositories for RHEL 3?  Wow.  Where are they and how do I
> access them?

No.  My bad.  Sorry to get your hopes up.  An interesting question is
whether you can make yum and up2date live happily together in this
case.  If you ensure that all of the out-of-repo deps are ALREADY
installed, yum would probably be happy to just work with the stuff in
your local repo.

					-Michael

  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G