[Yum] Yum works again.

Barbara Pennacchi b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it
Wed Sep 22 19:16:24 UTC 2004

About time. It was openssl that caused the whole mess. Apparently, I
updated some time ago openssl from a openssl-related site that provided
rpm packages for rh8/9 to the version 0.9.7a-30, while on fedora legacy
mirrors there was openssl 0.9.7a-20.2

So I downloaded from fedora legacy the right package, gave it a "rpm -Uvh
--force" then checked in the command line of python with "import ftplib"
to see if there were still errors. Python didn't complain so I re-
installed yum.

oh well. ^__^

(no, don't ask me why I updated openssl to 0.9.7a-30, I don't have this
much cache in my biological RAM!)

Thanks to everybody for all their help. :-)

|         WARNING WARNING WARNING *** EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGED!         |
|                  USE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED BELOW                  |
|     IF YOU KEEP WRITING TO THE OLD ADDRESS IT IS NOT MY FAULT!     |
| Barbara Pennacchi                          b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it |
|                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
|         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
|                  V.le Marx 15, 00137 Roma, Italia                  |
|                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |