[Yum] Yum source rpm download

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Wed Sep 22 16:02:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 11:10:23AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> Do this. Create an entirely separate executable. It should import from
> the yum module in 2.1.X but it shouldn't be an option to yum at all.
>
> yum-source is one potential name.
>
> but I have no intention of cluttering up the yum command with options
> for src.rpms.
>
> I'm fine with including it along with yum but just like rpmbuild and rpm
> are separate commands - so should there be a separation for this.

This will have the added benefit of easing development.  You two will
probably end up working in entirely different files most of the time.
If you find that many changes are necessary in the libs, then perhaps
the libs needed to be more general anyway :)

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G