[Yum] Option to invert deselect installonlypkgs?

Michael Heiming michael at heiming.de
Tue Sep 21 08:30:46 UTC 2004

seth vidal wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 22:32 +0200, Michael Heiming wrote:
>
>>Jim Wildman wrote:

>>>You won't.  You'll only end up with the install kernel and the latest
>>>kernel, not all the ones in between.
>>
>>Right now it looks as exactly the opposite happens, I have a bunch of
>>kernels on the systems, have to double-check.
>>

> for a system that's been installed for a while and gradually getting
> updates, that's true.
>
> for a newly installed system you will get:
>
> - the installer kernel
> - the most recent update kernel.

The following have been installed on the system, via kickstart and
running 'yum -y update' from the post script:

kernel-2.4.21-4.EL
kernel-smp-2.4.21-4.EL
kernel-2.4.21-15.0.4.EL
kernel-smp-2.4.21-15.0.4.EL

These have been added later by yum update.

kernel-2.4.21-20.EL
kernel-smp-2.4.21-20.EL

Removed the first 4 ones, so it's not really clear at which time those
were added. But it seems I got confused as UP and SMP kernel were
installed in parallel. I'll double-check the next installed systems and
come back if there should really be a problem.

Thx for your fast answers and keep the great work!

Michael Heiming - RHCE