[Yum] --installroot question

Andrew Schwerin schwerin at cs.washington.edu
Mon Sep 20 07:09:53 UTC 2004

I have tried this again on a new directory.  Indeed, the var/lib/rpm
directory is created and populated, but yum when executing creates
files __db.00{1,2,3} and Packages in the --installroot directory, and
appears to update those files and not the corresponding ones in
var/lib/rpm.  I suspect this behavior comes from the __init__ method of
class Rpm_Ts_Work in rpmUtil.py, but I don't have much understanding of
the python rpm libraries.

-Andy