[Yum] I broke yum. Can't make it work again.

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Fri Sep 17 19:20:30 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 04:22:34PM +0200, Barbara Pennacchi wrote:
> File "/usr/lib/python2.2/ftplib.py", line 68, in ?
>   all_errors = (Error, socket.error, IOError, EOFError)
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'error'

Run the problematic python at the command line with no arguments.  In
the resulting interactive interpreter, run "import ftplib" and tells
me what happens.  It SHOULD simply give you a new prompt with no
output.  Your error from above suggests that you'll get a traceback,
though, and probably one that ends with the same message as above.

Try that and tell us what you find.  If you get the same error, then
the bug is in ftplib and is outside yum's domain.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G