[Yum] --exclude What am I doing wrong?

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 15 21:57:23 UTC 2004

I don't understand why I can't get yum to skip this package.  Please copy
me directly on any response.  thanx,  MYK

[root at myserver root]# yum update
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
.Package gnome-utils needs /usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0, this is not
available.
[root at myserver root]# yum  --exclude gnome-utils update
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
.Package gnome-utils needs /usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0, this is not
available.
[root at myserver root]# yum  --exclude=gnome-utils update
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
.Package gnome-utils needs /usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0, this is not
available.

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec