[Yum] Re: Yum update conflicts

Christian Cryder christianc at granitepeaks.com
Thu Sep 9 13:00:02 UTC 2004

Christian Cryder wrote:

Seth, I'm not sure if you saw my email from last night (below). Someone
on the fedora list said I need to revert to yum 2.0.7 (since that's stable).

1. I need to know how to do that (since yum is currently broken, as per
below, what's the manual process). Is there any way to easily rollback?
If its written down somewhere, just point me at the docs...

2. Back to the original question about getting a conflict when doing
"yum update" - what's the method to go about solving this (or do you
still want me to ask that on the fedora list?)

Basically I'm seeking more info on how yum works so that I can actually
understand how to troubleshoot problems I encounter (rather than just
mindlessly typing commands)

Thanks much,
CHristian

Christian