[Yum] Re: about the urlgrabber

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Sep 7 16:35:38 UTC 2004

Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> writes:

>> 2) Try your url with another client.  I know the same syntax won't
>>    work, so remove the username:password part and just enter them the way
>>    that client expects you to.
>
> The url scheme works ok with ncftp:
> ncftp -u xxxxx -p xxxxx ftp://reader.local.net0:~/no_bak/fedraw
>
> Lands me inside the /home/reader/no_bak/fedraw directory which is
> really a symlink to /mnt/pack/fedraw
>
> What else can I do to help with this?

Michael,
Just noticed that the url used in ncftp is slightly different than the
one fed to yum.
    ftp://reader.local.net0:~/no_bak/fedraw
should have been
    ftp://reader.local.net0:/home/reader/no_bak/fedraw

And with that change ncftp fails with a change dir error too:

NcFTP 3.1.8 (Jul 27, 2004) by Mike Gleason (http://www.NcFTP.com/contact/).
Connecting to reader.local.net0...
(vsFTPd 2.0.1)
Logging in...
Login successful.
Logged in to reader.local.net0.
Could not chdir to home: server said: Failed to change directory.
Current remote directory is /home/reader.

A further note is that the server with the yum repo is running
vsftpd-2.0.1-2