[Yum] Re: about the urlgrabber

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Sep 7 16:24:44 UTC 2004

Michael Stenner <mstenner at ece.arizona.edu> writes:

[...]

> 1) test it with urlgrabber directly.  Run "python" from the command
>    line and then type in these commands:

Michael, hope you are still with me... sorry to reply so late..

I cannot get past the first line.  When I hit <ENTER> to add the next
line of input I get this error
  >>> from urlgrabber.grabber import URLGrabber
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  ImportError: No module named urlgrabber.grabber

Does something else need to be loaded first?  Or am I entering it
wrong"
 I typed `python' <ENTER>
from urlgrabber.grabber import URLGrabber <ENTER>

> 2) Try your url with another client.  I know the same syntax won't
>    work, so remove the username:password part and just enter them the way
>    that client expects you to.

The url scheme works ok with ncftp:
ncftp -u xxxxx -p xxxxx ftp://reader.local.net0:~/no_bak/fedraw

Lands me inside the /home/reader/no_bak/fedraw directory which is
really a symlink to /mnt/pack/fedraw

What else can I do to help with this?