[Yum] Yum hangs during completing update

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Mon Sep 6 18:38:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 08:31:57PM +0200, Dominik Schastok wrote:
> I have a huge problem using yum.
> I wanted to update my notebook and everything went fine, till it wanted
> to complete the updates.

What do you mean by "wanted to complete the updates".  Can you paste
in what it printed before it stopped?

> It hangs there and he only thing I can do is to kill the process.
>
> Now several updates are not completed,including my kernel and I can not
> install them using yum, cause it thinks that they are installed.
>
> Can anyone help me please, because I cannot reinstall the system.

This sounds like it might be an rpmdb problem to me, but I'd rather
get a second opinion on that since it's not exactly my area of
expertise.

					-Michael

  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G