[Yum] Yum service hangs

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Mon Sep 6 17:27:09 UTC 2004

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 02:14:51AM -0700, Paul Dickson wrote:
> The file connect.c has a lot of functions with timeout options.
>
> Most seem to use the a function called run_with_timeout at the end of
> util.c, see the lengthy comment just before the function.

Yep.  As I suspected, they impose their own timeouts in addition to
tcp timeouts.  I'll think about that some.  We're a bit abstracted
from the actual socket-reading, so that may be harder in our case, but
it might not.  Some other work with select-based batch grabbing may
prove fruitful here.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G