[Yum] Group 'remove'

Kevin Miller kcmiller at duke.edu
Wed Sep 1 19:27:24 UTC 2004

I'm wondering if there is any way through the groups mechanism to instruct
yum to remove a particular software package. The modes for packagereq's
"type" option appear to be mandatory, optional, and default. Having a type
such as 'disallowed' could instruct yum to remove the listed package, for
example.

My desire in using the groups interface for this is that it can be easily
customized per-machine on the server. With a 'disallowed' or 'remove'
construct I could ensure only the packages I want are installed.

-Kevin