[Yum] Yum service hangs

Michael Jennings mej at caosity.org
Wed Sep 1 16:27:50 UTC 2004

On Wednesday, 01 September 2004, at 09:16:51 (-0700),
Michael Stenner wrote:

> I would suspect network rather than than rpmdb.  I don't thing rpm
> uses any sub-processes that it could conceivably be connecting TO,
> though?  Seth?  Are you using ftp or http?

There's only one repository listed in the chroot's yum.conf.  It is
http://127.0.0.1/..., so it shouldn't have any network problems at
all.  And it only seems to happen when yum is called to install a
package that doesn't exist, like so:

chroot /path/to/jail /usr/bin/yum -ty install autoconf expect

(There is no "expect" package in the repository.)

> If multiple people are having the same problem, I'd love to find out
> more.  However, I'll need to be able to recreate it locally.

I'd be happy to do any tracing I can to help.  I looked for a python
option to trace a script, but I was unable to find one.

If I were to provide an account on the system having the issue, would
that suffice?

Thanks,
Michael

--