[Yum] Yum service hangs

Michael Jennings mej at caosity.org
Wed Sep 1 15:29:37 UTC 2004

On Wednesday, 01 September 2004, at 11:15:59 (-0400),
seth vidal wrote:

> unless your repos are REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY slow, I've found that a
> hang in yum is most often caused by an rpmdb lockup.

When building in parallel, I often get hung yum processes even though
they're running in completely separate chroot jails.  The hang,
according to ltrace, occurs in the socket() system call.  Would this
be an rpmdb lock, and if so, any thoughts on how best to prevent it?

Thanks,
Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej at kainx.org>