[Yum] yum 2.1.11

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu Oct 28 13:35:31 UTC 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Ryan Tomayko wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:14:53 +0100, Nigel Metheringham
> > You are talking bollocks.
>
> hey, hey, hey, now. keep it constructive fellas. Only seth is aloud to
> say bullocks -- and he _never_ says bullocks. :)

What's wrong with saying bullocks?  Bullocks are these big, stupid
bovines that generally have garlands around their necks and which pull
carts in India.  So I'd interpret "talking bullocks" either as a sort of
nouveau Mr. Ed or a bucolic conversation.

Bollocks, now, that's a different story.  Some of the bullocks have
bollocks, so to speak.  However, according to various dictionaries (many
of which conveniently omit its literal meaning to avoid shocking the
kiddies, I suppose) it is generally used to mean "rubbish".

  ;-)

     rgb