[Yum] yum 2.1.11

mw-list-yum at csi.hu mw-list-yum at csi.hu
Thu Oct 28 10:28:24 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:01:05AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> > I just installed the rpm, leaving my existing /etc/yum.conf in place,
> > and got this when I ran it, running FC2:
> > [root at coyote dlds-rpms]# yum check-update
> > Setting up Repo:  updates-testing
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/2/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
> > [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> > Trying other mirror.
> > Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: updates-testing
> > failure: repodata/repomd.xml from updates-testing: [Errno 256] No more
> > mirrors to try.
> >
> > Do I need to update my yum.conf to yum.conf.rpmnew?
>
> your repositories are just wrong.

So this newer version of yum does not work with the usual hdr files?
In other words, the existence of

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/2/i386/headers/

does not suggest to have

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/2/i386

in yum.conf?

Mate
--
---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis