[Yum] yum 2.1.11

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Oct 28 06:30:42 UTC 2004

On Thursday 28 October 2004 02:01, seth vidal wrote:
>> I just installed the rpm, leaving my existing /etc/yum.conf in
>> place, and got this when I ran it, running FC2:
>> [root at coyote dlds-rpms]# yum check-update
>> Setting up Repo:  updates-testing
>> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/te
>>sting/2/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error
>> 404: Not Found
>> Trying other mirror.
>> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: updates-testing
>> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from updates-testing: [Errno 256] No
>> more mirrors to try.
>>
>> Do I need to update my yum.conf to yum.conf.rpmnew?
>
>your repositories are just wrong.
>
>You need to get your repositories setup for whatever distro you're
>using.

Thats the repo I've been using for about 60 days now.  Did redhat move
it or something?

>> Humm, that got the same error for the duke repo:
>> [root at coyote dlds-rpms]# yum check-update
>> Setting up Repo:  base
>> http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/2/i386/repo
>>data/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
>There is no duke repo named redhat/2/

'sfunny, that was the yum.conf that was in the rpm. I just x'd the
commenting # in front of it.  Since the announcement, download and
install were all inside of say 3 hours, I find it quite odd that the
repos in the rpms own yum.conf are invalid.  Tell me more please.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)