[Yum] Hello,

Colin Bannister Colin.Bannister at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Oct 19 08:21:11 UTC 2004

Hello,

I am having trouble using yum, and have not managed to track down
any answers on the web.  Could someone assist please ?

Error output is below.  I have tried a yum 'clean' but get errors with that
as well. The man page suggests caching mode can be explicitly used with '-C',
but I've not seen how to force non-caching mode.  I did try to delete the cache, and
also uninstall and re-install yum, with no effect,

Colin

[root at rntlinux1 VDC-1.0.1.RedHat.9]# yum update
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 - i386 - Base
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 30, in ?
    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/share/yum/yummain.py", line 233, in main
    clientStuff.get_package_info_from_servers(serverlist, HeaderInfo)
  File "/usr/share/yum/clientStuff.py", line 846, in get_package_info_from_servers
    progress_obj=None)
  File "/usr/share/yum/clientStuff.py", line 1327, in grab
    bandwidth, conf.retries, retrycodes, checkfunc)
  File "/usr/share/yum/urlgrabber.py", line 237, in retrygrab
    progress_obj, throttle, bandwidth)
  File "/usr/share/yum/urlgrabber.py", line 314, in urlgrab
    fo = urllib2.urlopen(url)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 138, in urlopen
    return _opener.open(url, data)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 322, in open
    '_open', req)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 301, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 450, in <lambda>
    lambda r, proxy=url, type=type, meth=self.proxy_open: \
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 457, in proxy_open
    if '@' in host:
TypeError: iterable argument required
[root at rntlinux1 VDC-1.0.1.RedHat.9]# yum clean all

Unable to find pid
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 - i386 - Base
Error - /var/cache/yum/base/header.info cannot be found
Please run yum in non-caching mode to correct this header.