[Yum] Install RPM and YUM updates for Yellow Dog

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Tue Nov 30 15:34:42 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 17:42 -0300, Andres Reitze wrote:

> How can I do this???
>
> 1.- I need to install the RPM i downloaded , the APT pakage...
> 2.- I need to get some Graphical interface for APT or YUM if posible
> to be able to install things like JAVA that I can't install...
> 3.- It all has to be in Gnome since i left out KDE from my iBook, hate
> it, to windowish, love Gnome...   2.8 is the one I use in Fedora 3...
>
> Thx for any help you can give me...

Hi Andres,

Welcome to the world of linux. Unfortunately you are asking your
questions on the wrong mailing list. These type of general questions are
better suited on the yellow dog or fedora mailing lists. The yum list is
for specific questions relating to the yum software package.

And don't be afraid of the command line - it's not that scary, and once
you learn it a bit you will realise it is an important part of any
respectable os :)

pantz